Sunday 19 January 2014

Moments that mattered...

It has been a LONG time since I last wrote. Since way back in July, there have been plenty moments where I considered starting again having genuinely missed writing. There were also plenty or moments where I dismissed it - too much to do, not enough to write about, a total writer's block on where to start. I wasn't sure I had enough to add to the conversation or anything to say that anyone would want to read but, as always happens with a new year, I've thought about the things I do {or don't do enough of} that make me happy and this little corner of the internet - full of waffle - is one of them.

Reading one of my favourite blogs, this little competition seemed the ideal time to start again. So here it is, without further ado - some of the moments that mattered in 2013. Sit back, it's a big one and there are a LOT of photos.



We started off the year right, celebrating with some of our nearest and dearest. Cooking for 25 was potentially a tad ambitious!




In the Spring, there was a half marathon that showed what you can achieve when you put your mind to it! Bring on this year's...



There was a sister sister holiday too. Undoubtedly those days are up there as some of my favourite days of 2013. It's not often enough we get to spend an uninterrupted long weekend, just the two of us, so some quality time with my sister was just perfect. The added bonus of a visit from my cousins was just the icing on the proverbial cake.



Summer hit, and I graduated for the second time. This one resonated so much more than the first time around. I have met some of the most talented ladies and gents on this teaching course - dedicated, intelligent, caring and hilarious - all of whom I am grateful to have around in this next step down the line.






There was a little holiday in the sun too. Can't complain!






Autumn was quiet - I started my first year in the classroom and for all it is the most challenging, demanding thing I have ever done, I truly love it. Clearly I didn't have that much to take snaps of except these early morning views!



That said, we did celebrate the engagement of one of my oldest, dearest friends. I am thrilled for her and her lovely fiancee and already can't wait to be part of their big day.


Moving onto Winter - there was 5 years with this guy. Happy lady. Enough said.


A trip to the coast before Christmas is always one of my favourite weekends. Christmas ensembles, open fires, old man pubs and some of my nearest and dearest - what more could you want?





Finally we finished off the year as we had started: good friends, good food and good wine. Granted, there was a touch more snow in France....






Taking the time to look back on 2013 actually reminds you how far you go in a year. 2013 wasn't always straight forward or easy, but it was packed with moments worth remembering and it was full of laughter and love. I've loved looking back but I'm even more excited to move forward - 2014 is going to be a good un, I know it!

Love B x



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird