Sunday 13 November 2011

Glitter...

Wow. Apologies for the radio silence. These past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of birthday celebrations for my lovely boyfriend and various other family members, visits to family and working lots of long hours. All things I should have taken photos for but completely forgot! Definite shame because I made an insane chocolate cake and birthday bunting for the boy's birthday. Ah well! Coupled with that, I've been feeling a little bit uninspired for topics: I've been crafting away like a loon but they're all Christmas gifts for people so I can't show you just yet {patience!} and I'm on a self inflicted shopping hiatus during November so post topics have felt a bit thin on the ground. That said, I finally feel back into the swing of things so hopefully we can just pick up where we left off!

Moving on...

Now that Halloween is over, I can't help but slip into a more festive frame of mind. I love dressing for this season - cozy knits, layers and boots - and I equally love the glitz and glamour that comes with winter. I've got glitter on the brain at the mo. From eyeshadow, to nail polish and clothing, I'm obsessed. I love the sparkle it can add to an outfit  - even those cozy, chunky, simple knits. I've pulled together some of my glittery inspiration images. As soon as this shopping hiatus is over, I fancy getting my mitts on a new glitter eyeshadow. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've got plenty of shimmery numbers but I'd love a true glitter {maybe MAC is the way forward?}. I especially love how sticking glitter on nails, eyes or even the back of your shoes adds an understated and unexpected bit of glamour to an outfit!





{all images via pinterest}
Love B x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird