Wednesday 6 July 2011

Fourteen Days of Food: Day 7


On a personal level, I really want to finish off what I started with my fourteen days of food.  Granted, my initial fourteen days has long since lapsed {as have the 14 after that, and that 14 after that}.  Regardless, I'm going to carry on, though at a more leisurely pace.

Last Christmas, my Dad bought me this cookbook on the promise that I would make him the Turkish delight from the recipe within. Done deal as far as I was concerned.  Turkish Delight is possibly his favourite sweet of all time so I was more than happy to oblige and while away some time in the kitchen. Plus, like I already pointed out it was recently his Birthday, and what better to make him than his favourite sweetie?


The recipe is really quite straightforward - the only ingredient I struggled to find was rosewater but a trip to a local deli soon resolved that issue.  I won't post the recipe on here but I will tell you the book is worth buying if you love the idea of homemade, foodie gifts.  It's broken down into seasons and there are suggestions that are appropriate for all manner of occasions - from gifts for friends, to nibbles that you could make for around your own table. The Turkish Delight was so simple to make - I dipped mine in chocolate after it had cooled and it just made it all the more delicious. "Better than the stuff from the shops" and "wow wee" were the responses, so I must've done something right.


The man himself:



Next on my list are the marinated goat's cheese and fortune cookies, and come Christmas time I certainly plan on making Panettone {dangerous - I could eat a whole one by myself}.

Love B x

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious ! I love the two colors ! Check out : http://nothinlasts.blogspot.com/ I just posted a 5 things of the week :)

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird