Wednesday 25 May 2011

Cross Stitch

It was my gorgeous little sister's 21st birthday yesterday! I cannot believe it.  Of course we spent the day celebrating and it was marvellous.  My thoughtful, sweet Mum decided that to mark the occasion she was going to make a patchwork quilt for her, with the help of all our family and friends.  It was absolutely incredible and so thoughtful - I'll blog about it soon when I've got the photos downloaded.

My square was based on a long running {inappropriate} joke about our initials that me and my sister twigged about during our early teens.  Looking for something to do with the mountain of time on my hands post-finals, I decided the best way to make my input for the quilt was to cross stitch my 6x6" square.



I have to say, it didn't take too long at all and I'm so pleased with the results. We learned sewing at school {despite jokes from the boy, I did not go to finishing school though we did learn to sew, knit and had handwriting classes.  The only thing missing is deportment...} and now, over a decade later, I'm so pleased I did! Personally, I think it's a pretty cool {old school} skill to have. And things have come a loooong way since the samplers I did at school.  Check out these awesome examples:

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}



Awesome eh? The gift tags make me want to cross stitch little love hearts on everything.  Not sure that'd go down to well!

Love B x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird