Wednesday 9 March 2011

A little bit lovely

I've only recently discovered Folksy and as a British alternative to Etsy, I really rather like it.  The jewellery  in particular has some gems {in amongst some quirkier pieces, that's for sure!}.  There are a lot of pieces that remind me of Nicole Richie's House of Harlow line only on a budget much more akin to my own.

There are some beautiful vintage inspired pieces that would make for eye-catching additions to any jewellery collection. I personally like big rings, large earrings and long necklaces {not all at once!} in order to add interest to simpler outfits or to dress up more casual day or night pieces.


Images via {asos} and {folksy}
I love these rings that stretch out to cover more than one finger and the details on this fan ring are lovely.

  
Images via {asos} and {folksy}

I love how the setting on the ring mirrors this House of Harlow necklace.

 

Images via {folksy}, {folksy} and yup, {folksy}

These last three don't necessarily translate to specific items within the House of Harlow range but I certainly think the coloured enamel and shape of the first ring perfectly reflects the 60's/70's aesthetic of the range.  Equally, I love the striking colour of the verdigris locket and the detailing.  And the art deco ring? Be still my beating heart.  It's just a little bit lovely.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird